Graphic Designer | Illustrator | Fine Artist
Possesses a strong background in analytical thinking, customer service, advertising, public relations, design and aesthetics. Proficient in most current software pertinent to the success in chosen field, and a high level in computer literacy. Learns quickly, works well with others, and seeks to show strengths and dedication in the workplace. Intends to build trust and maintain positive relationships with management, clients, and peers through hard work, loyalty, and integrity. Familiar with the languages of Mandarin, Cantonese, and Sign Language. Resided in mainland China and Hong Kong from the years 2001 – 2007.
Pensacola Christian College – Pensacola, Florida 2013
- Master of Arts Degree in Studio Art, Illustration, & Graphic Design concentration
Pensacola Christian College – Pensacola, Florida 2011
- Bachelor of Science degree in Commercial Art
- Advertising minor
- Logo design
- Page layout design
- Book cover design
- Digital & traditional
–illustration & fine art
–lettering & type design
A Beka Book, Inc. (Publishing Department) 2011-2013
(Major home school curriculum supplier providing one of the most highly academic home school courses worldwide.)
- Illustrator for elementary curriculum & Production Artist for high school curriculum.
- Worked with editors, designers, and peers to improve on designs and illustrations for A Beka Book curriculum.
- Organized and oversaw members of the illustration team to fulfill the wishes of the editors and designers.
Victory Baptist Press 2010-Current
(Victory Baptist Press is a non-for-profit organization dedicated to printing and distributing Bibles, tracts, books, study guides, etc.)
- Graphic Design & Print (freelance & part-time)
- Updated software and improved efficiency in the workplace.
- Worked directly with authors and the VBP director to achieve design goals.
- Designed book covers, updated company information booklets, and worked on the layout and overall look of assigned projects.
- Saw to the cares and needs of customers over the phone, and acted as stand-in secretary as needed.
Emagination Unlimited summer internship 2010
(A creative marketing communications firm located in Pensacola, Florida.)
- Graphic Design
- Created an ADDY® Award winning design for the Pace Center for Girls annual “Bag-it” Fund Raiser.
- Assisted in editing and finishing proofs for clients, and worked heavily in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Participated in meetings and brainstorming sessions with other designers.
Wedding Walls summer 2010
(Wedding Walls is an Event Decorating Company based in the Florida Panhandle.)
- Assisted in the setup and aesthetics of large functions.
- Worked with a team to fulfill the wishes of clients and management.
Academic Accomplishments & Awards
Vending Manager of Pensacola Christian College’s Annual Turkey Bowl event – Pensacola Christian College 2009
(The Turkey Bowl is the largest college event of the year and is provided by the Pan-Hellenic Committee and the Public Relations class.)
- Was appointed by Public Relations professor to supervise vendors and concessions.
- Refilled stock while making sure the event flowed smoothly by keeping up the spirits and morale of the crew.
- Handled and secured funds.
Sigma Chi Rho League Representative – Pensacola Christian College 2008
(Social and service organization with approximately 90 active members focused on creating an enriching and fulfilling college experience.)
- Planned events including Greek Rush, regular meetings, and collegian outings.
- In charge of promotions and designing the overall appearance and face of the organization.
- Offered counseling and encouragement to league members and encouraged group participation.
Artist Excellence Award – Pensacola State Fair 2011
Victory Baptist Press – Milton, Florida
- Worked at the local printing press with a team to collate and assemble Scripture
Victory Baptist Church – Milton, Florida
- Oversaw the design and staging of several youth conferences and ladies conferences.
- Helped with design work for fund raisers and designed several informational booklets for the organization.
- Volunteered in children’s ministries.
Lijiang International Academy – Lijiang, China
- Designed a corporate identity system for the school (logo, web site, banners, signs, posters, etc.)
- Worked with administration on the overall look and aesthetics of the organization
- Recruited teachers and took an overseas survey trip.
Please click here for my printable resumé!